25 January 2011

not keeping it in perspective.

Murphy’s law mandates that the moment I open my big mouth, he will come for a visit.
I don’t want to be overly dramatic here, but I feel that I have lost a necessary appendage.
Last night, after I posted my little rant about iTunes addiction, my iPhone died.
I got a text from my girlfriend, closed the text window, put my phone in my pocket and when I pulled it out later the screen wouldn’t wake up. I put the phone on the charger and…nothing. I tried a variety of other things but nothing worked. I decided to bravely face this challenge as if it were “no big deal”. I got out my old school LG Vu, switched over my card, and voila working phone.
BUT today, in the light of day it IS a BIG DEAL!
I use that dang phone for everything. I don’t even keep a real calendar anymore (I could be missing an appointment right now!); it’s all in my phone. I am crazy about “to do” lists and I think I had about four different ones saved in my notes, along with an  ongoing grocery list, a to-read list, and random other personal things that I can’t remember right now. I also have gotten very used to certain apps: one that I record weight, intake, and exercise (It’s just not worth it if I don’t get to see the hard work in black and white) also the weather channel (app) has me checking the weather before I even get up and I often don’t even turn on the morning news anymore, but just check the top local news stories. Don’t even get me started on not being able to play Mancala, Angry Birds, Diner Dash, Solitaire, or that Bubble popping game. I then {big, heavy sigh here} had to dig out my old iPod that hasn’t been synched in awhile because I have to be able to “tune out” during the day (I know, boohoo- poor me). Lastly, my contacts have changed since I had my old phone and let’s face it no one memorizes phone numbers anymore, soooo if I don’t call for a few weeks send me a text with your contact info.

I will be getting my phone fixed soon. 

Right after, I get my washing machine, dishwasher, garage door and car fixed. It’s been that kind of week people! I’m too entrenched in the stress of those things all breaking at once to discuss it right now, but I’ll fill you in later.

No comments:

Post a Comment