20 January 2011

the end is near.


On my way into work this morning, I was listening to a man being interviewed on the radio. It was a celebrity.
He was talking about how he was preparing for the end of the world next year.
Just stop and let that statement marinate for a second.
Preparing?
I thought he was joking until he said, “I read a lot of scientific papers from scientist that prove the continents will be splitting up next year.” (Yes, that is a direct quote. I double checked and he did say, “Scientific papers from scientists”)
Well, there you go.
World will be ending.
He went on to clarify that some people will survive; I assume he is planning on being one of the survivors. He also stated that if the Mayan people knew that the center of the universe was a black hole then we have to give credit to their theory that the earth will have a polar shift which will result in the earth’s crust displacement.
Hmmmm, sounds very scientific (hee, hee).
I believe he is getting this all from the movie 2012, although I have not seen it, so I cannot confirm this.
Oh, and I almost forgot to tell you how he was preparing…Stockpiling frozen food.
Yep. Because if the continents do split up, I’m sure he’ll still have electricity to keep it all frozen.
As for me, I will not be preparing for any cataclysmic polar shift/continent split up. I’ve seen enough Zombie movies to prepare for anything and know that you just grab a backpack, a gun and run.

For those of you that don’t get my humor in this, I am making fun of someone for basing his plan of action on a movie, while planning mine also on movies. (Probably not as funny as I think it is, but it’s my blog and I’ll decide what’s funny, or not here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment